Macildowie are pleased to be recruiting an experienced Category Manager for a large organisation based in Northampton.
Reporting to the Category Director, you will be tasked with the following:
* Set a clear and customer focussed category strategy to deliver growth in sales and profit.
* Develop and build a category plan, to deliver market share growth, informed by internal and external insight to maximise commercial position and provide the best customer proposition.
* Deliver margin improvements through trading terms negotiation, group synergy projects and common and direct sourcing programmes.
* Monitor trading performance and take corrective action where necessary.
* Develop category budget for sales and margin and re-forecasting throughout the year.
* Build profitable supplier partnership to develop market position.
* Develop a clear sourcing strategy to ensure the supply of quality products that meet the customer need through the most efficient route to market.
* Develop high performing business partnerships with key suppliers to maximise business opportunity.
* Manage supplier base to ensure that they meet all of our key performance requirements.
* Ensure cost effective management of slow, dead or exit stock from the business.
* Driving engagement with the category and its plans; be a visible ambassador/champion of your category, driving understanding through the business.
* Deliver a customer focussed product range offering the optimum balance of quality and value that aligns with the brand proposition.
* Project manage all range reviews to maximise category sales and profit, this will include: delete management, sourcing new products and managing cross functional stakeholders
* Identify and develop new business opportunities in line with the business unit strategy
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience in a category management role
* Experience in developing and executing category strategy
* Supplier management
* Commercial acumen with strong analytical skills
* Good interpersonal skills and able to build strong working relationships internally & externally
* Able to influence change
* Strong negotiation skills
This is a great opportunity to join a FTSE 250 company, as they embark on the next phase of growth. They had made the decision to move to a category management structure, and as such this is an exciting time to join the Purchasing team.
This role will offer a salary of between £60,000 - £70,000 plus a car/car allowance and bonus. You will also receive a host of benefits as you would expect from a large organisation The package offered will be dependant on experience.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.