Macildowie are pleased to be recruiting an experienced Category Buyer for a growing business based on the outskirts of Coventry.
Reporting the the Head of Purchasing, you will be responsible for the following:
* Accountable for ensuring performance for your designated categories exceeds budget for sales and margin.
* Follow the category management process, providing regular updates to internal stakeholders.
* Create and implement a customer driven strategic vision for your categories with clearly defined measurable initiatives.
* Maximise revenue from suppliers through cost effective negotiations, ensuring best trading terms
* Responsible for promotional category plans for all sales channels and tactical activity, ensuring all supplier promotions are fully margin maintained and meet the required sales and margin targets for the assigned categories.
* Develop joint business plans with core suppliers to maximise opportunities for NPD ahead of launch timings and to maximise supplier funded promotional activity to meet sales, margin and supplier funding targets.
* Negotiate with suppliers to obtain contributions for Directory inclusion, retro payments and any other relevant marketing activities.
* Monitor cost changes and selling prices and actively monitor category margin. Seek cost savings through resourcing, supplier negotiation and product development.
* Manage pricing across categories to achieve a competitive position without compromising profitability.
* Ensure that all administration relating to cost prices and supplier details are accurately maintained and all account and invoice queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
* Maximise opportunities for NPD and Support the category team in sourcing NPD and identify latest consumer trends to stay ahead of the market and drive category growth strategies.
* Source new products as a result of requests/requisitions. Manage the long term vision for your categories in addition to the additional initiatives and tactical activity to meet the sales and margin targets.
* Actively manage the product life-cycle for all products within your assigned categories and make appropriate recommendations for obsolete and slow moving stock.
* Management and control of the supplier base to ensure all levels of service expectations are being met including NPD, promotional activity, quality, delivery and contact performance.
* Communicate any issues that will effect category, promotion or product performance in a timely and efficient manner to all key stakeholders.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent negotiation skills with strong influencing and persuasive skills
* Ability to be flexible and work to tight deadlines
* Prior experience in FMCG/retail environment
* Team management experience - able to drive performance
* Category Management experience
* Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams
* Commercially aware
This role will offer a salary of up to £35,000 - £40,000 depending upon experience.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.