Macildowie is pleased to be working with an organisation based in Leicestershire as we look to recruit a Category Buyer to join their busy team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Category Management you will be responsible for:
* Oversee the growth of the category across all channels
* Take ownership of revenue, margin and stock performance,
* In conjunction with the Head of Category Management, create and develop a long term plan and strategy for the development of the category.
* Continually enhance commercial relationships with major suppliers.
* Co-ordinate purchase order requirements with the buying team, in part through ongoing reviews and changes of the restock levels, and liaising with the store teams and warehouse teams to resolve any issues affecting stock availability.
* Conduct regular stock and sales analysis work, providing the Company with ongoing insights and recommended actions in response to trading conditions.
* Develop and manage supplier relationships
* Negotiate best price with suppliers without compromising on quality.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to display the following skills and abilities:
* Over see the growth of your category, with particular focus to online sales
* Ability to network, internally and externally, to deliver commercial results.
* Experience in the retail sector.
* Good analytical and MS Excel skills with the proven ability to handle large amounts of data quickly and accurately.
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
* Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
* Good commercial acumen and desire to drive sales.
* Good problem solving skills.
This role will offer a salary of up to £30,000 plus bonus
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.