Civil Engineer- Birmingham -Up to 40k
My Client is one of the UK's leading Construction consultancies with an increasing level of growth they have an opportunity for an ambitious Civil Engineer to join the Civil & Structural Engineering team in Birmingham.
The team is expanding in response to a strong and diverse workload. The team is currently delivering projects for F1 Teams, automotive and aerospace manufacturers, local authorities, schools/universities, contractors, and developers, across the UK.
As part of a fully multi-disciplinary design approach, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of civil engineering services. You will work independently, under the direction and with the support of the lead engineers.
Production of Civil Engineering work packages relating to medium to large predominantly private development projects from initial concept through to completion
- Production of flood risk assessments (FRAs), Drainage strategies and calculations for planning and other statutory consents
- Working closely with other disciplines on Multi-discipline projects
- Representing the company at external meetings with clients, contractors, and fellow professionals
- Be responsible for delivering work to a fee and to timescales agreed with a Project Manager
- Prepare client / project proposals
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
Experience and Qualifications
- Post-graduate experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice working on predominantly private developments
- Experience in drainage layout and modelling (foul and surface water) and private roadway design
- Good working knowledge of Microdrainage or comparable drainage design software
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3d or comparable civil engineering software
- Ability to produce complete packages of work including calculations and drawings
- Ability to distribute tasks and manage output of junior / technical staff
- Competent in the design of external works for private sites including vertical and horizontal setting out in accordance with the Building Regulations, British Standards and local authority requirements
- Familiarity with Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its application within Civil Engineering
- Good understanding of section 38, 278 (Highways Act) and section 104, 106 and 185 (Water industry Act) agreements beneficial
- Private healthcare
- Company car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Income protection insurance
- 25 days of holiday a year (increasing with years' service)
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.