This is a great opportunity for a candidate that has experience in Claims to join a well established company with a great reputation. The role will see the successful candidate being responsible for managing the submission of claim back values to suppliers on behalf of all Business Unit Central Admin Teams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that due and overdue claims are chased up with the aid and assistance of the Claimback Assistant, and that credit notes are authorised and allocated to claims where applicable.
- To deal with all branch and supplier queries and emails on a daily basis as raised.
- To maintain all Trackers, and ensure they are as accurate and up to date as possible.
- To ensure where there are rejections, that the raw data [in the form of discrepancy reports from the Supplier[s]] are made available to the Central Admin Teams to investigate and advise whether they intend to challenge or accept.
- To ensure that the write off section within the Tracker is completed where applicable by the Central Admin Teams, and is acted on accordingly.
- To ensure that all duplications where possible are removed prior to submission of claims.
- To ensure that all journals are prepared in respect of the month end management accounts, in order to post the monthly claims against all relevant statistics accounts.
- To compare the current month claims and previous months claims to determine any significant variances, trends or omissions.
- To attend where requested meetings with Suppliers and in addition CORE developmental meetings.
- To assist the Commercial Account with ad hoc queries.
- To assist with the training and development of the Claimback Assistant role.
- To ensure that where there are 'overpayments', this is isolated on a separate tab on the Tracker, for the Central Admin Teams to investigate and advise.
- To ensure that all paperwork received and prepared is accurately filed away.
- To process payments via BACS,Cheques,RDI's,and credit notes and ensure they are correctly coded to the relevant lines paid.
- To have an understanding of Customer Rebates, and a working knowledge of the month end process involved to produce the accrual.
- To work with the Commercial Accountant to improve processes, reporting and relationships between Central Admin Teams and Central Finance.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Experience of working within a large multi-site organisation preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, suppliers and central admin teams.
- Ability to understand and process large volumes of transactional data.
- Ability to work with other departments which may be affected by the impact of claim backs [ie National accounts]
- Strong credit control and numeracy skills.
- Ability to plan and manage daily tasks and processes.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.