Commercial Accountant | North Derby | £30,000 - £35,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a leading business, based just North of Derby. The company is Private equity owned and has grown significantly in the last 18 months. Current turnover sits around £25m although recent acquisition means this is set to grow.
Recruiting for a Commercial Accountant, this job within a small team will report to the Head of Finance and will operate as Finance Business Partner for the wider business.
Business Partner with Operational Managers on individual business unit P&L's, the Commercial Accountant will provide financial focus and robust analytical support to challenge the delivery of business targets.
So what is the job?
· Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to the wider business
· Review of financials against budget, forecast and prior year data
· Monthly analysis of business unit performance in line with projections
· Creation of Investment models for capex project spend
· Preparation of the annual budget
· Production of a quarterly forecast
· Monthly review of performance with business unit managers
· Analysis of key financial and business trends
· Responsible for timely and accurate KPI reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
· Responsible for KPI production throughout the business
· Liaising with the Business Development Team on income streams and forecasting
· Business Partnering with operational managers and regional managers
· Training and development for key non-financial managers
· Assisting with the integration of the recently acquired business
· Regular visits to operational sites to provide financial support to the business
· Team leadership of Finance Assistant
What are you like?
- Previous Commercial Finance experience.
- Ideally an understanding of the Private Equity world
- Experience of manipulating large volumes of data to provide key insights
- Comfortable business partnering with and challenging colleagues at all levels
- Strong system and data skills, with the ability to carry out robust analysis
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, such as written, oral and persuasive communication abilities.
- Characteristics of thoroughness, self-motivation, persistence and resilience
- Good maths and computer skills especially MS Excel
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Honesty and discretion
- Tenacious - someone wanting to grow within a business and add value
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Part Qualified or newly Qualified, Ideally with Commercial Finance experience
Package - £30,000 - £35,000
If you want to join a successful small business with potential to grow then give Tom a call today, let's start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.