Commercial Analyst | Nottingham | £40,000 - £60,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing business, based in Nottingham. The Commercial Finance team is responsible for delivering commercial and financial insight across a line of businesses.
You will be working closely with Data Engineers, Business Development, Risk Analysts, and Marketing and will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in the Business team by providing business performance and opportunity insight to both internal and external stake holders, to assist with informed decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships with a variety of 'customers'. You will develop Financial Reporting, modelling, forecasting, and driving insight to enable better strategic decisions.
So what is the job?
- Develop, maintain and own financial models, producing accurate forecasts that steer the business
- Create timely financial monitoring packs relevant to the business line to understand performance and the impact of new strategies
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, procedures and products through financial analysis, and make recommendations
- Support ad-hoc data and reporting requests
What are you like?
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills enabling the articulation of complex recommendations to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- A background in programming, with a willingness to learn SQL and a bespoke system
- Must be intellectually curious with a passion for making data driven decisions
- Demonstrable experience working in a Financial Institution and/or analytics experience
- Knowledge of accounting and financial modelling (NPV / cash flow modelling)
- Knowledge of credit product economics
- Knowledge of credit risk, predictive scorecards or data analysis would be advantageous
You will ideally be from a Finance background (although professional finance qualifications are not essential) and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in large volume data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling with strong organisational skills. You will have experience and confidence dealing with internal teams across the business and have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly.
Salary - £40,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.