Macildowie are recruiting for a Company H&S Manager for a nationwide business based in Burton On Trent. As the Company H&S Manager you will be responsible for the operation and upkeep of ISO 18001 management system and managing the process around ensuring company compliance with legislation, corporate polices and procedures, implementing improvements as required. Managing multiple sites and team nationwide.
This role involves travel UK and European travel.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that Health and Safety legislation is reviewed and implemented where relevant to the business
- To ensure the investigation of circumstances and causes of all significant health and safety incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and major property damage through the site safety managers
- To ensure that processes and activities are implemented that identify and quantify existing and all potential new hazards at work, and put in place measures to eliminate or reduce the risk and therefore afford protection from hazards identified
- To be involved with all relevant personnel in claims investigation by insurers or solicitors in order to achieve control of payments
- To manage corporate and site external and internal health and safety audit processes. Via Site Safety Managers and EHSQ Officers, ensure that plant, processes, procedures, practices and premises are inspected and necessary Health and Safety standards maintained or additional measures implemented as required
- To liaise with managers either directly or via EHSQ Officers, and be a contact point with outside authorities on Health and Safety matters.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of RIDDOR and for the specification, collection and presentation of other statistics, designed to support Health and Safety activities
- Supply senior managers within the company with Health and Safety statistics and reports as and when required
- Attend Health and Safety related site and corporate meetings as required and provide information on matters within the job holders control, and as necessary for the group to effectively transact business
- Co-operate and consult regularly with internal parts of the business and exchange information, ideas and details of any Health and Safety issues that could affect them
- Work with the Head of HR and EHSQ to develop a continuous improvement culture which is aligned to lean principles, and the Company's business objectives
- Ensure a pro-active 'gold standard' approach to own health and safety and that of all employees, at all times.
- Continuously seek to add value, improve efficiency, and reduce wastage through applying lean principles, wherever applicable.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Professional qualification or equivalent commensurate experience
- Member of NEBOSH diploma in occupational safety and health and preferably member of Chartered Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Understanding of ISO 18001s, and associated company procedures
- Experience of managing and motivating teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills, with a structured and methodical approach
- Highly organised with ability to multitask and meet deadlines whilst maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- A highly motivated, self starter who is flexible and adaptable, and a good team player
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.