A great opportunity to join a small Credit Control team based in East Leake on a 12 month contract (there is potential for the role to go permanent). If you have experience in Credit Control this would be a great position to build your commercial awareness.
The purpose of the role is to minimise overdues and proactively chase customer accounts as identified by the Financial Service Manager, Accounts Receivables Team Leader and in line with predefined KPIs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximise collections and minimise overdues and the risk of bad debt by ensuring all accounts within the job holders control have been contacted for payment and followed up as necessary.
- Chase customers for payment of accounts by telephone, e-mail and letter, preparing statements and or reconciliations of account and emailing customers to assist them to make payment.
- Identify issues on accounts and undertake their prompt resolution either with the customers or internally within our businesses.
- Organise own workload with special focus on collection of debts according to size and age.
- Provide accurate and up to date information to the Team Leader regarding cash collections/overdues and where required present the information to Senior Managers.
- Ensure where appropriate that overdue debt is referred to the Credit Risk Analyst in a timely manner, and in accordance with credit policy and procedures.
- Support the process of Account Application Forms, propose/set credit limits for new and existing customers, in accordance with procedures, with reference to external rating agencies, customer accounts and other pertinent information and ensure such information is up to date.
- Review held orders in a timely fashion, then review accounts and make credit decisions where appropriate to release or not within preset limits.
- Keep internal contacts informed of collection progress and highlight grounds for concern in good time.
- Liaise effectively with key contacts inside and outside of S-G either by written or oral means to obtain desired outcomes, whilst maintaining customer relationships.
- Ensure compliance with month end closing calendar and provide timely reporting of results to various stakeholders in the SSC and the Local Entities.
- Support the process of migrating businesses to the SSC.
- Post and Allocate cash.
- Ensure that all work conforms to current internal control procedures.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Previous experience in a credit collection role is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs A-C (including English and Maths), or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy, resilience, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.