A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for world renowned company based at Pride Park, Derby. The role will be working on a temporary basis for 6 months initially. You will be responsible for producing and sending statements, have excellent customer service and ability to work under pressure. Successful must be available to start immediately.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain interface with customer's Accounts Payable department to secure timely payment of Marine invoices (Prime Point of Contact)
- Produce and send Statements of Account and Reminder Letters to customers
- Proactively call customers early in the cash collection cycle to confirm receipt of invoices and / or identify any disputes preventing payment.
- Maintain on-going customer contact through the monthly Collections cycle in line with the standard segmentation and prioritisation process
- Ensure all customer contact records are input to the SAP ERP system
- Obtain, document and report customer promises to pay and any disputed amounts and escalate if necessary through the Marine dispute escalation process
- Build good working relationships and trust with all external customers and the Marine business representatives eg Logistics & Regional Sales teams.
- Resolve disputes that are under your control in an efficient and effective manner eg copy invoices
- Maintain timely and accurate Customer account information to support local and business debt management meetings
- Carry out customer visits as required
- Provide input to the Business Cash Actuals and Forecasting process
- Ensure accurate and timely cash application to invoices (per SLA)
- Carry out the formal agreement process for Inter Group Sales Ledger balances with RR subsidiaries
- Create local procedures and keystroke instructions for tasks undertaken
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Extensive Credit Management experience
- Proven ERP Accounts Receivable system experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility & adaptability to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate both formally and informally with both internal & external customers.
- Good numerical skills
- Proven team player.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Good level of IT literacy, particularly Excel related.
- Process Improvement mentality.
- Formal Institute of Credit Management (ICM) qualification would be an advantage.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.