This is a great opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a Market Leader based in Corby. This would be a great role for someone that is great at working in a small team. If you are looking to join a really friendly company this would be a great role for you.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track company fitting schedule using the contract management system and ensure invoices are raised and payments received for stage payments prior to fitting commencing.
- Follow a strict process for chasing payments not yet received via email and phone
- Manage a list of all contracts with outstanding payments and follow appropriate action
- Communicate with JB operations team to ensure final invoices raised in a timely manner
- Attend a weekly debt conference call with JB operations to discuss current issues
- Regular contact with customers, transport and other departments to ensure regular collection of cash, current and post-dated cheques, in particular when payment is overdue.
- Request customer to settle their account, within their terms and limits, and explain their terms of their credit.
- Re-negotiate repayment plans if customers are in financial difficulties.
- Refer debts, which are not paid within an agreed timescale, to the Credit Control Supervisor for legal action.
- Daily checks of delivery and order schedules, against customer accounts, to ensure that goods are not made or delivered to non-paying customers.
- Receive and process credit card payments from customers.
- Advise all relevant departments when customers go 'on stop'.
- Regularly liaise with the Area Sales Managers to advise current status of their accounts.
- Produce and issue customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Assist with other ad hoc duties, as required.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Previous experience of working in a Credit Control position
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Experience of liaising with customers and helping them come to a solution
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.