Call Handler / Customer Service / Inbound Calls / £9.00 per hour / Temporary ongoing / Bilsthorpe
To act as the first point of contact handling all incoming customer enquiries via phone and email for a service department to help to make every customers experience a positive one. Working closely alongside our clients logistics department, as a Customer service advisor you will be responsible for order placement, Escalating customer enquiries and complaints, gathering key information from incoming customer enquiries which will allow you to provide advice and guidance based on each individual situation.
THE ROLE AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- To act as first point of contact for incoming calls with occasional outbound ensuring they are provided with a welcome greeting
- Respond to customer and internal emails and messages in a professional and timely manner.
- Place customer orders accurately and efficiently
- To ensure that all queries are followed up and resolved in an efficient and customer focused approach
- To resolve customer complaints at first point of contact wherever possible
- To assist with basic administration and reception duties
- Maintaining and building rapport with customers, understanding their needs and managing customer's expectations
- Responding to written and verbal customer contacts regarding any queries to meet quality, time and customer satisfaction targets
- Logging all contacts from customers against the customer's account to ensure comprehensive and accurate records are available
- Instigating solutions to help the customer, using negotiation skills where needed
- Management of your own daily work flow to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Other duties as required to support the department
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Previous inbound and outbound customer service experience
- Have a strong customer service background with a minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- Have an enthusiastic customer service focus with a determination to resolve customer issues first time
- Positive and motivated with flexible and adaptable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong telephone manner
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations and / or systems
- Good conflict resolution skills based on a 'Can do' attitude
- A flexible attitude to the team's work, including a willingness to re-prioritise and undertake additional tasks if required
- Friendly personality and team player
- Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.