A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Estimator for a major client construction client based in Burton On Trent. The main role of the Estimator is to produce accurate high quality quotations from drawings and bills of quantity type customer enquiries. The Estimator will follow Company estimating procedures and systems and assist with the organisation of daily duties to achieve maximum output. The Estimator will contribute to the success of securing orders by following up customer quotations, assisting the Estimating Manager in preparing pre-order qualification documents and supporting the Estimating Manager in any final analysis pre-order stage negotiations. In addition, the Estimator will contribute towards the day-to-day tasks and requirements of the Estimating department.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Down load project information and communicate to Contract Teams for pre- quotation cost preparation.
- Process and price enquiries accurately from drawings and /or bills of quantity using the Company Swift-Est estimating programme.
- Complete spreadsheets and customer schedules.
- Provide technical advice to customers
- Provide Regional Contracts Directors and Contract Managers with copy of quotations and support the contracting teams throughout the estimating processes and contract negotiation stages
- Monitor progress on submitted quotations and liaise with the EM and contracts teams to maximise acceptance levels
- Assist in the marketing functions of the Company by contacting and maintaining good working relationships with customers
- Record, save and file all estimating documents and quotations in the Company database.
- Following receipt of customer order, provide contracts teams with accurately prepared working sheet information to produce material orders and labour rates.
- Support other estimators to ensure functionality is maintained and output is kept to maximum levels
- Maintain technical and product knowledge in-line with legislation and industry updates
- Keep up to date with all Company policies and ensure diligent application always
- Comply strictly with the Company's Health and Safety policy.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Working as part of the central estimating team based at the Burton-on-Trent office, the Estimator is responsible for completing the day-to-day duties in line with equivalent working Estimators. In addition, the Estimator will in the absence of the Estimating Manager follow the supervisory instructions of the Senior Estimator and report their normal activities in the same manner.
In conjunction with the Estimating Manager, Regional Contracts Directors, and Contracts Managers Estimators provide a front-line point of contact for customers both in terms of dealing with the generation of and processing of new tender enquiries along with following up submitted quotations for conversion to order.
Key skills for this role are a high standard of technical and product knowledge, attention to detail and accuracy. The ability to produce formal documents to a high standard is fundamental to the role.
The role requires a well organised, flexible individual with strong attention to detail, and maintain up to date technical and product knowledge. The Estimator must be able to work in a structured manner and to tight deadlines using their own initiative. A high standard of IT literacy is crucial and the ability to work for lengthy periods with high concentration is essential to this position
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.