Finance Business Partner | Staffordshire | £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Macildowie are currently working with a market leading, growing business based in Warwickshire. They are consistently investing in their organisation and they are now seeking a high calibre Finance Business Partner with a strong Commercial and Management accounting background to join their team and work specifically with operational teams around driving change and influencing positive movement. You will be the interface between the finance team and the Group Support function. A true business partner, you will need to be a strong communicator and relationship builder at all levels, including with the Board.
So what is the role?
- Responsible for providing finance business partnering for key functional stakeholders including P&L support with key business decisions on pricing, yield, margins, operating costs and profitability
- Provide overall financial insights into business drivers in order to deliver and develop the site's strategic objectives
- Accountable for partnering with the Finance Hub to ensure the finance processes are in order
- Preparation of month end commentary, providing insights and suggestions
- Review and approve balance sheet account reconciliation including deferred revenue and fixed assets
- Support the business stakeholders with Capital Requests, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes
- Investigate reported trends in KPIs with stakeholder groups and implement mid to short term plans to maximise performance
- Variance analysis and overall financial modelling to drive business decisions
- Challenge unusual P&L movements, forecasts and fluctuations to ensure forecast and actual financial performance is robust
- Accountable for the financial analysis of key business drivers
- Assist business operations to manage Financial Governance and Risks and Controls
- Act as the finance ambassador to build and maintain partnerships to develop strong networks
- Able to use sound business acumen to assess new ideas, both from an operational and financial perspective and then be able to articulate the impacts with clear and meaningful recommendations
- Support the Finance Director & Senior Business Partner by producing complex/bespoke analysis that requires sound business acumen and understanding of business trends
So who are you?
- You will need to be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong Commercial Management Accounting experience
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities
- Previous Finance Business Partnering experience with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to work with and model using large datasets / Advanced Excel / Powerpoint
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experienced in supporting and delivering on Change and Business Growth projects
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation with both internal and external stakeholders
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please apply with an up to date CV.
Please only apply for this role if you genuinely believe you possess the experience and skill-set listed above. At this time we are experiencing a huge increase in the volume of applications we receive, and regrettably can not get back to everyone individually.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.