Working with the operations and the wider finance team, you will provide end to end support for the Regional and General Managers in all aspects of financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and benchmark analysis to drive the commercial performance of sites
- Act as a first line of finance support for the regional teams, proactively dealing with queries and analysis in a timely manner. Provide advice and guidance on financial matters and commercial decision making.
- Ensure the accuracy of the management accounts for your region before final distribution.
- Through conversations with the teams and interrogation of the underlying financial systems, understand the key revenue and expenditure variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Attend monthly business reviews as appropriate and contribute through the explanation of trading variances and analysis to support the key trading trends. Assist with the development of action plans to improve poor performance, monitor and feedback results providing challenge as appropriate.
- Own the forecasting process for your region, ensuring the buy in of team. Understand the movements between current and previous forecasts. Look to predict the future based on current trends and identify any potential business issues.
- Work with the operational managers to develop annual budget. Understand via the strategy team the pricing policy and ensure alignment between central pricing, marketing and sales teams.
- Work with operational managers to determine the capital spend needs for your region,
- Alongside the strategy team, develop the 3-year business plans.
- Working with Internal Audit, help provide an effective control environment to protect the company's assets (cash, inventory, fixed assets).
- Understand any balance sheet items that relate to your regions, and communicate any issues as appropriate.
- Work with the other Finance Business Partners and the wider finance community to identify and communicate best practice through the business.
As the ideal candidate for this role you will be qualified in ACA / CIMA / ACCA and possess outstanding financial analysis skills, with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively. Excellent presentation across all Microsoft products and presentations is a minimum requirement, as is the ability to influence key business processes.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.