Macildowie are proud to be supporting the country's leading Pub Retailer and Brewer, Greene King, to recruit an exciting and dynamic finance opportunity, working as a Finance Business Partner, within their largest trading business area, Retail. The combined Retail business accounts for sales of well over £1.7bn with almost 2000 managed Pubs.
The business is split into three key sections: Pub Company, Pub Partners and Brewing & Brands.
Pub Company is made up of almost 2000 Pubs, Restaurants and Hotels that the business manages. It includes brands like Hungry Horse and Farmhouse Inns, as well as their Greene King Local pubs.
Pub Partners help people run their own pub business, currently supporting around 1200 licensees.
Brewing and Brands: Greene King operate two breweries, Westgate Brewery is in the hometown of Bury St. Edmunds and Belhaven Brewery in Dunbar, Scotland.
Through innovation they have taken the traditional art of brewing to new heights with the finest range of cask and craft ales on the market, including Greene King IPA, Old Speckled Hen & Abbot Ale.
The business has grown incredibly over the years and has a successful history of mergers and acquisitions within the industry.
In 2015, Greene King acquired Spirit Pub Company and added further great brands into their portfolio including Chef & Brewer, Flaming Grill and Wacky Warehouse.
Finance Opportunity: Finance Business Partner
Greene King have over 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on the support function for guidance and support. Working in the Finance team in a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to customers, anything is possible.
* The key aspect of the roles will be to support one of the three Business Units to provide detailed financial and commercial analysis and costing insight to assist in decision-making to drive business profitability.
* It will be important to proactively develop best practice across the Retail finance function and work efficiently and effectively across the wider team.
* The Business Partner will provide assistance to the Operations team with analysis and commentary on performance against budget and forecast whilst assisting in long term operational planning.
* In addition to leading the above duties, you will support the Financial Controller in evaluating the Business Unit performance, delivering the divisional forecast, strategic plan and manage the budget process...after completing a well deserved drink will be due!
Are you ambitious, driven and hungry?
* The right balance of experience, technical skills and hunger is required from those interested in this role.
* The opportunity is suited to those that have a strong business acumen; being cost aware and seizing commercial opportunities whilst aiming to understand the business requirements and challenges.
* Excellent analytical and Excel modelling skills will be required, to assimilate and understand financial data and have the confidence in presenting insights and translating the commercial messages.
* Within this fast paced organisation you must have the ability to work under pressure, be organised, meet deadlines with a good level of attention to detail.
* These positions are open to those that are newly or soon to be fully CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualified.
Values & Culture
Being a leading pub company in the UK, starts with being the best place to work in the industry.
Whether you're working in one of the Pubs, Restaurants or Hotels, in the Breweries or in one of the offices, at Greene King, everyone pulls together as a team, focusing on internal and external customers, being honest and having the courage to try new things to achieve results.
Most importantly though, it's about having fun along the way!
When you walk through the doors at Greene King, you walk into a world of amazing array of opportunities. They promise to help you build the career you want with training and personal development courses to bring out the "Best Version Of You."
Greene King values the hard work and effort their people put in. Whatever role you're in, there are great benefits offered as one way of recognising contribution. Some of the benefits you can expect are tailored to the business area, while others are available to across the company.
The salaries on offer are very competitive and you can benefit from the â€œSave As You Earnâ€ share scheme, generous staff discount, healthcare, pension scheme and an employee advice and guidance service.
Keen to apply?
If you have read this far then you must be interested in one of these opportunities. If you are keen to apply or discuss further, then you can initially get in touch for further insight.
Full contact information is attached to the advert. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you think these opportunities could be great for someone you know feel free to get in touch and ask us about our Referral Incentive Scheme.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.