Finance Manager | Manufacturing | Derby | £42,000 - £48,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a leading business, based in Derby, the company is well established and has an annual turnover of c£30 million.
Recruiting for a Finance Manager, this new job within a small team will report to the Head of Finance and will produce, review and complete monthly financial statements, Management Accounts, Cash flow reports, Tax returns, end of year statutory reporting and audit preparation. You will offer support and advice to the wider business and have very hands on involvement with manufacturing accounting, stock, BOM and standard costings.
Management Accounting and Analysis
· Manage the Bill of Materials process and improve product costing to give a realistic cost to the business for sales pricing and cost improvement.
· Work with the business to introduce standard cost accounting and develop reporting to improve business understanding and reduce its costs to become the lowest cost producer in its market.
· Ensure that overhead recovery rates and machine rates are set and monitored on a regular basis.
· Produce budgets and forecasts as required.
· Take complete control of month end accounting for P&L and Balance Sheet to include detailed review with Head of Finance, and aiming for financial best practice.
· Review monthly management accounts and departmental statements with budget-holders prior to distribution to owners, bank and auditors.
· Manage the audit process and produce any reports necessary.
· Control all company bank and cash accounts, including currency accounts, on a daily basis ensuring that facilities remain within the agreed limits and adhere to covenants.
· Ensure that appropriate levels of security and access permissions are in place and working to minimise fraud risk, including review of segregation of duties where possible within the team.
· Control bank detail changes and introduce reporting and audit.
· Arrange the most competitive finance for key capital expenditure projects.
· Ensure all purchases have approved orders in line with company agreed authorisation levels
· Manage payroll ensuring the correct payments are made to all employees.
· Ensure all tax and statutory payments are made in line with due dates.
· Ensuring that cash collections from receivables are maximised.
· Ensure customer and supplier disputed transactions are quickly resolved and payment terms are correct in the ledgers, so critical accounts are not placed on stop.
· Review expense payments, ensuring adherence to company policies and the correct application of VAT, PAYE and National Insurance.
· Review information for forms P11D in accordance with HMRC guidelines and ensure that any dispensation agreements are regularly reviewed and maintained up to date.
What are you like?
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, Bill of Materials (BOM) and Standard Costings
- Experience of managing everything finance a standalone entity, including payroll
- Good maths and computer skills especially MS Excel and an SME finance system
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way to non-finance people
- Honesty and discretion
- Able to work within a small team with a close relationship to senior staff
- Tenacious - someone wanting to grow within a business and add value
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
If you want to join a successful small business with potential to grow then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.