COMMERCIAL FINANCE MANAGER - PLC BUSINESS - NORTHAMPTONSHIRE - £45k-£55k + CAR + BONUS
A fast-growing plc is currently looking to hire a Commercial Finance Manager to support the Finance Director during a significant period of growth. This is a role which has plenty of exposure to senior stakeholders across the business and will allow you to make a real impact on the bottom line of the business.
This business has a track record of making high-calibre hires and offering accelerated routes of progression into Divisional and Group Finance Director roles.
Commercial Finance Manager - Key Duties:
- Weekly and monthly sales forecasting
- Monitoring sales progress and managing risks.
- Monthly Balance sheet forecasting - involvement in mid and long term strategic decision making
- close working relationships with senior stakeholders in Sales, Commercial, Operations.
- Actively involved in the forecasting process - monthly current financial year forecasts and typically quarterly three year forecasts
- Understanding of the risks and opportunities of the business, including sales pricing risks and opportunities
- Challenging the commercial department and understanding the wider business
- Manage the Finance team in Northampton, including development, leading any change, recruitment etc
- Ensure the accounts are robust and delivered on time. Less of a "doing" role but more ensuring there is sufficient oversight and monitoring quality.
- Identify control weaknesses and put in place measures to mitigate
- Providing half/full year reporting to Group
- Be curious, work on own initiative, ask why, keep asking questions until you get an answer that makes sense
You will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified with a close attention to detail and excellent work ethic. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels of experience is key, as well as the ability to identify areas for improvement and drive changes in processes. Previous experience in a Finance Manager role is desirable.
This is a great varied role and definitely one which will lead to future progression. As a company they are challenging, demanding and hugely rewarding. At times this will not be a typical 9-5 role, especially if you want development, but you will be working with a group of colleagues who really love the business and are proud to work where they do.
If you match the above criteria, and you are looking for a role which will take you to your next step in your career, then apply today for immediate consideration.
Commutable from Northampton, Milton Keynes, Wellingborough, Corby, Kettering, Rushden, Towcester, Rugby, Bedford
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.