An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial accountant to join a large FMCG business based out of their Bury St Edmunds site supporting operational teams. In this influential role as the number one finance representative on site you will lead and develop the site finance team, developing a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
Reporting in to the senior operations finance manager and managing a small team your responsibilities in the role will include:
- Business partner with the performance manager and engineering manager to drive a culture of performance and financial awareness, whilst supporting strategic priority of lower operating and overhead costs
- Use regular reviews and management meetings to engage and keep the team informed on performance to date.
- Using financial and operational knowledge, work with the site operations and projects teams to calculate and verify financial benefits on capital projects.
- Attend periodic site services meeting, to drive value from the contract and provide rigour.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is input and verify this information to maintain the credibility of our management information systems and reporting.
- Ensure that reporting across sites remains consistent and in line with the teams MI strategy.
- Deliver core financial reporting processes including period end, forecasts and budgets for all areas of the site. Provide confidence in the accuracy and understanding of variances in period end results and movements in forecasts and budgets.
- Maintain robust physical and accounting controls for stock with full responsibility for physical, to item ledger to general ledger reconciliation.
- Ensure stock takes are carried out across the whole of the site, accurately and attended by finance where appropriate.
- Ensure the sites are aware of, and comply with internal controls requirements, developing plans to rectify and support implementation of enhancements.
- Ensure the balance sheet is reconciled and signed off each period with issues identified and resolved in a timely manner.
As the ideal candidate for this role you will be a qualified accountant CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent and have experience of working in commercial/operational finance position within manufacturing or be able to demonstrate transferable skills. You will have had some exposure to managing and developing more junior team members. Strong interpersonal skills are a minimum requirement, as is the ability to analyse data and provide commentary. You will have the ability to influence others at various levels across the business, challenge constructively and explain complex financial data to non finance colleagues.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.