This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Accounts/Audit Senior | Peterborough | Up to £45,000 DOE
I am delighted to be working with one of the fastest growing and flexible accountancy practices in The Midlands right now on an exciting new role that combines both Accounts and Audit work.
If you have been looking for that rare blend of both which will keep every day different and exciting, look no further.
You will work with a varied portfolio of clients across a broad range of business sectors,
including owner managed businesses, limited companies, corporate groups, large multi-nationals with turnover up to £50 million as well as charities, not-for-profits and academies.
There will be some accounting work involved (preparing management accounts and financial statements, drafting tax computations) in the role (up to 50%) so accounts experience is preferred.
The Audit side of things:
- Leading audits from planning to completion, reporting to managers and partners
- Overseeing all aspects of the audit fieldwork and completion
- Leading on-site audit teams
- Completing audits with minimal supervision, to deadline and on budget
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Presenting results to managers and agree commercially viable audit recommendations and business actions to address areas of risk
- Supervising and reviewing the work of more junior audit staff both on audits and in the office
- Attending post audit client meetings
- Lead audit fieldwork teams both in office and at clients
- Attend client's premises to conduct audit fieldwork
- Adapt audit programme with manager input to best suit client's needs
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and provide guidance to trainees
- Assist with audit planning and attend audit planning meetings
- Lead the finalisation of the audit including preparation of accounts and tax computation
- Write report to identify audit findings to manager in a timely manner
- Be responsible for completion of the audit file in preparation for manager review and respond to review points raised
- Monitor budgeted time allocated for the audit
- Communicate confidently with client and audit manager throughout the audit
Accounts side of things:
- Liaise and communicate with portfolio holder and client
- Prepare accounts for supervisor/manager's review and approval to include:
- Production of lead schedules to agree to accounts disclosures
- Production and reconciliation of control accounts
- Collation of appropriate evidence to support figures in the account
- Prepare sole trader/company tax computations
- Raise relevant and coherent queries to assist with supervisor/manager review
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified with either ACCA or ACA
- At least three years' UK accountancy practice experience
- Knowledge of FRS 102
- Competent knowledge of the Microsoft Office software
- Competent knowledge of accounts software
- Ability to deliver accurate work to deadlines and under pressure with good time management skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering a first class service to clients, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, both written and verbally.
A driving licence and access to transport is essential as the majority of the audits are conducted at the client's premises.
What we can offer you:
- A dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Competitive salary (market rate) depending upon experience, reviewed annually.
- Extensive internal and on-the-job training.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to statutory bank holidays.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Eligibility for the firm's annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible working
- Client referral bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Ongoing Learning and Development through one-to-one mentoring
- Social events including Christmas party and Summer BBQ
- Charity fund raising to help support the local community
Without a doubt one of the best roles for the right Audit/Accounts candidate right now, if you think this might be you - get in touch with me ASAP, don't let someone else get your next great career move…
Must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.