This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Assistant Finance Manager
A leading global trading company within an international household name group, known for its innovation and integrity across industries like automotive, machinery, and energy.
As a diverse and inclusive workplace, they foster growth, creativity, and teamwork, providing employees with opportunities to make a meaningful impact on a global scale.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance for our company and group entities. If you are detail-oriented, proactive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role could be the perfect fit for you.
What Will you be doing?
- Taking full ownership of accounting tasks, handling day-to-day financial transactions, and executing month-end close tasks.
- Reviewing and posting prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, and stock entries, while also conducting balance sheet and PL & BS analysis.
- Producing monthly reports for various departments within the organisation and for our group companies.
- Preparing and submitting financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, to the headquarters and head office in Europe.
- Compiling and posting monthly payroll journals and bonus provisions.
- Collaborating with auditors for year-end statutory audits and other ad-hoc audits, involving the drafting of financial statements and relevant documentation.
- Coordinating with tax consultants to prepare corporation tax returns for the group.
- Ensuring completion of group VAT returns and annual compliance documents.
- Verifying posted purchase invoices and preparing payment lists.
- Providing supervision to Derby accounts assistants, offering support to purchase ledger and treasury teams.
- Reviewing and enhancing systems and procedures, and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Preparing and submitting National Statistic reports.
- Participating in various ad-hoc tasks, reporting, and projects to assist the Head of Finance.
What you need:
- ACCA/CIMA or ACA part qualified / qualified.
- Preferably, experience with SAP.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to cultivate effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.