Head of Finance | Nottingham | £70,000 - £90,000
If you're looking for the next step up in your career this is the one for you!
Macildowie Finance are excited to be working with an owner managed SME based in Nottingham (great location!) who are looking for an experienced Head of Finance to join their growing team.
You will be a key part of decision making within the business and be a part of all commercial decisions moving forward!
You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of the finance functions within the business, including management accounts, VAT, costings and cash management.
The Accounts team will also be reporting into you, giving you line management duties and an opportunity to mentor and develop talent.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to strict deadlines
- Updating and developing internal systems and procedures, whilst flagging any inefficiencies that come up
- Preparing VAT returns and addressing payroll issues
- Supporting the Accounts Team as a leader and making sure all absences are covered accordingly
- Managing cashflow within the business
- Preparing statutory accounts and working with external auditors to meet requirements
The ideal Candidate:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Great attention to detail with an analytical approach to work
- Excellent excel skills
- Very commercially aware
- Hands-on approach with a view to develop both staff and internal procedures
- Ability to take ownership of the role and grow into the position to mould it as they see fit
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.