This Job Post is Now Closed
We recommend checking out the similar jobs or reaching out to the consultant for other opportunites.
Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant - Nottingham
You want to work for a leading pan-European law firm with an established presence in seven offices across the UK, Denmark, and Sweden.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join the team in Nottingham, supporting the Financial Controller in leading the month and year-end processes, overseeing monthly accounts, detailed variance analysis, and mentoring the Management Accountant.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the month-end process, optimising the timetable for efficiency and timely delivery of accounts.
- Provide detailed variance analysis for cost variations, assessing their impact on the budget.
- Mentor and delegate work to the Management Accountant, ensuring appropriate coaching and training.
- Reconcile balance sheet control accounts monthly and ensure accuracy of postings, including intercompany balances.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and manage day-to-day bank account operations.
- Collaborate with Financial Controller and Operations Manager to align finance team priorities, ensuring ledger and data integrity.
- Lead the year-end process, prepare statutory accounts and schedules, and collaborate with auditors.
- Prepare overhead budgets and forecasts, liaising with budget leads and providing commentary for significant changes.
- Assist with system upgrades, generate monthly reports, and support the commercial finance team.
- Fully qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Strong systems knowledge and experience in a dynamic finance environment, leading month-end processes.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, maintaining professionalism and building effective relationships.
Benefits & Salary Package:
- Salary up to £50,000 per annum.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Generous company pension scheme, healthcare package, and life assurance.
- Cycle to work scheme, annual corporate social responsibility day, and birthday leave.
- Flexible working policy, travel loan scheme, and discretionary annual bonus.
- Purchase of extra holiday scheme, regular company away days & social events.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.