Financial Accountant - Nottingham - £38,000 - £42,000
Are you looking the next step in your career? Keen to work for a multi billion pound business with a dominant market position? Maybe you want to work as part of a large finance function where there is obvious scope for progression both vertically and horizontally. if so, this could be just the job you've been searching for.
So what is the job?
In short, on a day to day level, you will be part of a large finance function and helping to deliver all of the accounts up into group from the local entities, but the bits that aren't written in the job spec are focused around a systems implementation and upgrade, support with the launch of new products and a chance to get involved in a variety of interesting projects as well.
In terms of the day job: -
- To lead the team to produce financial reports for internal, group, external and statutory purposes adhering to specified deadlines. Group reporting to fast close
- To respond to audit and group enquiries for additional information accurately and promptly.
- Key point of contact for VAT queries within the business, especially regarding international movements.
- Responsible for VAT compliance and provision of VAT and accounting standards advice to the company from a technical perspective, including training.
- Responsible for completion and record keeping for specified VAT submissions (note review of returns must be completed by Financial Accountant prior to submission).
- Responsible for local cashflow forecasting and minimising and eliminating where possible exposure to foreign exchange risk within the business.
- Responsible for intercompany reporting to group in an accurate and efficient manner.
- To own, understand and produce accurate financial information for the UK business. This can include balance sheet reconciliations, commentary, management account reports, budgets, forecasts, and other key financial analysis and reports.
- Liaising with other areas of the business to enable understanding, efficient and accurate processes and the quick rectifying of potential issues
- To identify and highlight financial/business changes which affect area of responsibility and communicate them accordingly.
- Identify improvements and potential efficiencies within processes, to maximise accuracy and reliability of data and commentary
- To highlight any areas of potential current or future risk, working with management to mitigate the risk
- Responsible for specified areas of Corporation Tax calculations and submissions.
- Maintain specified financial records for the company.
So who are you?
You are a qualified accountant who understands debits and credits and double entry bookkeeping. It's not that this business is basic or small, it's just that the FD really appreciates people who genuinely understand finance from the ground up.
You'll also be a self starter, someone who can solve problems and go to the business with solutions rather than just highlighting a problem. You won't need to seek permission or to be told what to do.
You'll be ambitious too. You'll want to grow and develop and eventually, to move into the number 1 seat.
Sound like a great role? You bet it is!
Send me your CV and let's talk
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.