Up to £37,000
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for an Industry leading Business based in Coventry. This position is for someone who is eager for progression, driven, ambitious and passionate about what they do.
This role will see you joining a key division of an international group, reporting directly to the Financial Controller and supporting them in a wide number of key financial accounting and controls areas.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the following:
- Financial reporting controls - you will be responsible for upkeep of financial controls and governance across the division
- Ensuring group accounting policies are followed, and meeting current audit requirements Intercompany accounts
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Responsibility for Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Balance sheet management - ensuring balance sheets are reconciled monthly in a timely manner, and regular balance sheet review / movement analysis
- Audits - key player in the external audit process and supporting the audit team with their requirements Compliance reporting
- Overall responsibility for compliance reporting to regulatory bodies and external governors, as well as ensuring procedures are up to date in accordance with IFRS and UK GAAP
- Monthly management accounting - ensuring completion of month end reporting, supported by a team of accountants
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and CAPEX process
- Ad hoc financial and other business-related projects and consultancy
You will ideally be:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA part qualified
- Ability to build relationships with Senior stakeholders
- Understanding of finance systems/processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills (V look ups, pivot tables, Formulas etc)
- Strong history in large and complex organisations, including monthly reporting and financial controls/audit processes.
- It would be advantageous to have been trained in a practice background, ideally a Top 10 UK accounting firm, though this isn't a prerequisite
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.