Financial Controller | Burton-on-Trent | Manufacturing | £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Macildowie are currently working with a long standing, independently owned, manufacturing businesses who are now seeking to recruit a high calibre Financial Controller to join their team. The role reports to the local General Manager, who is also the Finance Director, and is taking a step out of Finance, towards the Managing Director role, so this role has the potential to be the future FD!
So, what is the role?
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management account packs, management information, cash-flow, balance sheet and P&L reporting
- Working closely with the FD/MD to develop internal reporting standards and controls
- Focus will be on Management Information, introduction of appropriate KPI's, Financial forecasting, budgeting, and especially management of short / medium term cash flows
- The role will involve identifying and building a finance team that is fit for purpose
- You will be a confident and self driven accountant, driving individual performance and continual improvement
- As well as this, you will be great with systems, you'll be able to identify ERP system improvements that can help to refine financial processes, whilst also making sure that the integrity of that information is correct
- Whilst generating the information is important, so is what you use it for! You will be someone who provides timely and accurate financial information to drive business outcomes and changes in behaviour across all levels of the group leadership team
So, who are you?
- You will ideally have SME Manufacturing experience
- Ideally you'll have a good understanding of manufacturing
- You will hold a professional Accounting qualification. (ACMA/ACCA/ACA) (Finalists will be considered, but you must be qualified in the near future)
- You'll be used to working in a fast-paced business and you will thrive on making improvements to processes.
- You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please get in touch with Tom - 07973833069 to start the discussion.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.