Financial Controller | M1 Corridor | £50,000 - £55,000 + Car (£5,000) + Benefits
Macildowie are currently working with a market leading, growing business based in Derbyshire, around the M1 Corridor. They are now seeking a high calibre Financial Controller with a strong operational background to join their team. The role has full accountability for the business unit (£30m t/o) P&L and Balance Sheet. A Group Shared service centre controls all of the transactional and financial accounting, so this role is really about the operations and production accounts.
So what is the role?
- Firstly, you'll be managing just 1 team member and will take full responsibility for the Financial Controls and Processes as well as the balance sheet, P&L, Budgets/Forecasts and cash-flow for the site
- You will take charge of all the company's Management Information, including Analysis and reporting to the Board and group
- The company operates internationally with a growing number of entities in the group, is ever changing, hence the need for someone who can work at pace
- The organisation has grown significantly over the last decade, including a series of new acquisitions. It is embracing the changing environment and how they interact with their customers
- You will be a natural leader and people manager who helps to coach the team, driving individual performance and continual improvement
- There is an emphasis on stock and controlling of raw material prices, as these play a huge part in the business cost
- As well as this, you will be great with systems, ideally you'll have a working knowledge of SAP and you'll be able to identify system improvements that can help to refine financial processes, whilst also making sure that the integrity of that information is of paramount importance
- Whilst generating the information is important, so is what you use it for! You will be someone who challenges the status quo and uses financial information to drive business outcomes and changes in behaviour across all levels of the organisations leadership team
So who are you?
- You will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have experience in the Manufacturing sector, ideally in a complex environment with ever-changing raw material costs
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities. Experience of developing and delivering through a finance team is essential
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, very hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
- Recent experience with SAP would be an advantage
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please get in touch with to start the discussion.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.