Divisional Financial Controller | £35,000 - £45,000 | Burton-on-Trent
Want to add value to improve business processes and profitability? Do you have an inquisitive mind-set with a desire to partner with non-finance stakeholders? If so, this could be the perfect next career move for you!
This role would suit a newly qualified or finalist (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with ambition to develop and learn - The business is growing and its culture needs to be able to move with it.
The FC title might scare you a little and might seem a bit of a jump, but if you've got the capability and the right personality, this business will back you 100%.
Macildowie are supporting a local employer of choice that has operations across various sites globally, to recruit a Financial Controller for an £50-70m t/o division. You will be responsible for providing management accounts, insight and analysis for the division. Working with the business to ensure that drivers of performance are understood and to support in decision making. As part of the finance team you will be responsible for hitting key deadlines and ensuring audit and SOX compliance.
So what is the job?
- Responsible for producing monthly Management Accounts for the division, ensuring numbers are reviewed and submitted along with month end timetable.
- Build relationships with teams out in the business to understand the day to day running/challenges, being the go to finance contact, providing information and ad-hoc analysis to support in day to day decision making.
- Provide monthly reporting and commentary, including feeds for the Management packs and unit P&Ls, partaking in review meetings with the business
- Build a close relationship with the Finance Business Partner supporting on Forecasting and Budgeting and ad hoc projects.
- Work with the management team to ensure engagement and compliance with key finance processes such as Cash procedures and purchasing.
- Ensure integrity of numbers, completing balance sheet reconciliations and providing information required for Audit and SOX purposes.
- Responsible for recruitment, management and development of a Finance Analyst.
- Working as part of finance team to identify and drive efficiencies across the team and ensure good communication is in place.
What are you like?
- Qualified Accountant or Finalist expecting to qualify soon (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Good knowledge of Excel and experience of working with an ERP system (Dynamics 365 beneficial)
- Best practice mind-set
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to build relationships and influence others to achieve results
- Be a true team player, yet self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise workload
Package £35,000 - £45,000 + great benefits
If you want to join an industry leading business with real potential then get in touch and apply today.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.