Financial Controller | North Derbyshire| £50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Macildowie are currently working with a market leading, growing business based in the North of Derbyshire. They are now seeking a high calibre Financial Controller with a strong technical background to join their team. The role has full accountability for the business P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow…etc and will look after small finance team.
Sometimes you will see jobs like this advertised with promises that the role will become the next Finance Director in 3-5 years…etc. Well I can honestly say that this isn't one of those. This business is stable, has been established for 20 + years and see's very little turnover of people in general. This FC role requires someone technically strong, who knows their way around a P&L/Balance sheet, WIP, Project Accounting, cash flows, stock accounting, multi-currency, payroll, management of a medium sized team….etc and also someone hands on, who isn't afraid go get stuck in. You'll also need to be happy to continue operating at this FC level for a good few years, as there isn't a defined career path ahead of this role.
So what is the role?
- Management and development of the finance team.
- Production of the monthly management accounts, providing commentary and reporting to the board.
- Stock and WIP reporting and control.
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- Treasury functions including management of risk in currency and interest rates.
- Production of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing the annual financial statements, audit schedules and liaising with external auditors.
- KPI reporting and advice for senior management.
- Responsible for the reporting and administration of the company pension schemes based on legislation.
- Responsible for international trade authorisations and reporting.
- Responsible for company insurance renewals and administration.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements for all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company's financial affairs, including pension, taxation and company secretarial.
- Managing relationships with key external stakeholders, including auditors, insurers, bank, customers and suppliers.
- Maintain the integrity of the ERP system data and reports.
- Carry out training and develop technical skills in others
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Act as medium for effective knowledge transfer. Ensure effectiveness of communication through appropriate method and medium.
So who are you?
- You will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have experience in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Experience of Stock, WIP and Project accounting
- ERP systems experience, Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar
- You'll need experience managing a team and be able to coach, develop and mentor effectively
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities. Experience of developing and delivering through a finance team is essential
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, very hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please get in touch with to start the discussion.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.