A fantastic opportunity for a First Line Manager to join a large global organisation in the South Nottinghamshire area.
As a First Line Manager you will be working within the 230,000 sq ft warehouse and you will head a team up to 100 people during the peak periods. You will need a strong character and a reactive personality being able to adapt and manage within an environment which has the capacity to change very quickly
The role responsibilities will include :
- Plan and control the allocated resources within the team.
- Motivate and develop a team in a continuous improvement environment, coaching to create an environment of associated involvement.
- Assess, monitor and review team members and aid their development in line with capabilities and potential.
- Effectively communicate achievements and targets to the team and promote good team working relationships.
- Ensure all company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Work in collaboration with other sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice.
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels.
- Ensure all area KPIs are achieved.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Change Management skills to ensure the smooth transitions between changes in SLAs.
- Examples where you have contributed to continuous improvement within the workplace.
- Working knowledge of Health and safety regulations.
- Computer literate and good analytical and numerical skills.
- Disciplinary hearings taken up to Final written warning.
In return the client is offering:
- A competitive salary - £25,000 - £27,000
- Bonus scheme, Pension, Healthcare and 25days holiday + BH
- Room for progression and upskilling across 6 different warehouse departments
To apply for this First Line Manager role please call Ashley Bane on 0115 947 0200 or email him at
Job Role: First Line Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Shift Patterns: Rotating shifts: Early: 5:20 - 16:30, Late: 12:30 - 21:15, 5 out of 7 days Type: Permanent role
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.