An international 3PL are looking for 2 First Line Managers to join their expanding warehousing team. Currently there is a team of 15 permanent staff + agency staff that the successful candidate will be responsible for managing on a daily basis. The role is on a rotating shift basis of 6am-2pm week one and 2pm-10pm week two (any 5 of 7)
- Planning, co-ordinating, supervising and reporting on the work activities of your team.
- Managing and adjusting staffing levels to meet operational requirements.
- Directing the daily activity ensuring a safe, secure clean and fair work environment.
- Undertake performance reviews, development and succession planning as appropriate.
- Facilitate effective communication between senior management team and warehouse colleagues.
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy.
- Undertake RTWs.
- Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Preparation of KPIs.
- Conducting health and safety audits.
- Get involved in recruitment of warehouse colleagues.
- Development and execution of the shift, daily and weekly plans.
- Resource deployment.
- Undertake customer/vendor visits as required.
- Proven experience of man management within a warehousing environment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- Flexibility to work rotating shift patterns.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.