My client is looking to employ a HGV Fleet Manager to run the day to day management of the maintenance operation in conjunction with the Traffic Office. The successful candidate will ensure all vehicles operated and maintained to a standard that meets current industry legislation and is in line with our Operators Licence undertakings.
- Managing and motivating a team of technical staff to ensure that Company standards are adhered to in all aspects of the engineering facility.
- Adherence to the programming/preparation of vehicles to VOSA Test Standards.
- Achievement of engineering KPIs/budgets. Programming and overseeing preventative maintenance.
- In house vehicle maintenance .
- Managing drivers and ensuring their hours are planned in accordance with WTD
- All vehicle records being maintained to Department of Transport Standards
- Defect rectification both in workshop and roadside
- Third Party Breakdowns
- Compliance and adherence to Company standards with regards to Health and Safety and quality engineering systems.
- Ability to manage ever changing priorities and working to tight deadlines.
The Right Candidate:
- CPC qualification and experience of being on the O-License
- Public Sector experience is preferable
- Significant experience in managing a busy HGV/ Vehicle workshop
- Strong relevant technical background
- Mechanical certification where appropriate
- Strong communication skills, and be an experienced and effective manager.
- The ability to demonstrate strong vertical communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and responsible attitude
- Excellent organisation skills and assertiveness.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.