Are you looking to utilise your German language skills and pick up some great new skills in the meantime?
I am currently recruiting for a company based in Northampton that due to growth have started to operate in Germany. They are therefore looking for someone to support this transition. The company have a great culture and really value their staff.
This role will see you assisting with the translation of complex concepts for at different levels of literacy. This is a full time position and daily responsibilities will include translation of the English documents, materials, communication and web content for the German market ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained. You will also coordinate online and print content and liaise with other teams throughout the development process to ensure consistency of the message.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Global Marketing and Field Development team in the translation of all marketing and business support materials including web assets, flyers, brochures, incentives and training materials from English to German
- Produce strategic written materials under tight deadlines and in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Proofread diverse set of materials, from packaging and to business documents, for consistency and accuracy
- Manage localisation of all communications sent out and develop German specific notifications if needed
- Manage content on The source platform to ensure global consistency
- Initiate creative requests and oversee document creation process
- Ad hoc translation from German into English might be required
- Cooperate and liaise with multiple teams, internally and externally to ensure accurate content for the German market
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials
- Attending corporate events as and when required
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
- Successful candidate must be German speaking and fluent in both verbal and written English
- Ability to manage 'live' translation
- Must be able to demonstrate superior copy-editing skills, strong writing/editing/proofreading skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under tight timelines and changing requirements
- Ability to work to deadlines on multiple projects
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar role would be desirable
- Proven working experience as a translator/editor is required
- Direct Sales industry experience would be an asset
- Ability to advise about matters of German culture and common practice in relation to the documents created would be an asset
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.