Global Category Manager Plastics and Packaging
£80k + package
The successful Global Category Manager will be responsible for managing a global category team (6 direct reports) to ensure that the spend across a range of plastics and packaging is reviewed, managed and optimised accordingly and in line with global and key stakeholder objectives.
Key Accountabilities will include but not be limited too:
- Develop and execute purchasing strategies across all plastic and packaging categories to leverage spend on both a regional and global level
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to develop specific strategies to optimise quality, cost and delivery
- Develop on going price management and sustainability programs
- 20% travel (mainly European)
- Training and development of the team
Experience and skill set required:
- Previous procurement experience within FMCG
- Global spend and team management
- Breadth of plastics/packaging sourcing experience
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing capabilities at all levels
- Team management and coaching expertise
This is a position working for a globally recognised brand.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.