Assistant Accountant | Construction and Engineering | Burton on Trent | £18,000-£22,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Construction and Engineering Business, based in Burton on Trent.
Recruiting for a Assistant Accountant level position, this newly created role within the team will report to the Management Accountant and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Complete processing and review of Subcontractor pay on a weekly basis
- Process billing on a weekly basis
- Assist Management Accountant with the preparation of month end accounts - including the posting of journals as required, preparation of prepayments and accrual schedules, collation and analysis of WIP data and any other necessary tasks
- Assist with Balance Sheet Reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Complete monthly VAT Returns
- Manage subcontractor CIS payments and reconciliations
- Manage the fleet of vehicles and identify areas for process improvements and cost savings
- Produce contract profitability report, liaise with branches to verify any queries and highlight areas of concern for review with operations director
- Correspond with contract managers to maintain accuracy of contract data in the system
- Produce ad-hoc reports and cost analysis such as branch overheads where requested
- Support Contract Managers on any finance related queries or issues
- Provide support to other areas of the finance team where deemed necessary
What are you like?
- Recent University Graduate / AAT Qualified, keen to continue studying towards an Accounting qualification.
- Commercially minded
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Good Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package - £18,000 - £22,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.