This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a business going through an exciting change. Our client is planning continued growth into exciting new territories by continuing to invest and drive revenue.
As the Asset Controller / Accountant you are integral to the successful management of this growth. The business is multi-layered and complex and all finance roles involve varied and interesting work; with no two days being the same.
The Asset Controller will be responsible for circa £37m of fixed assets. Due to the varied nature of these assets a wide skill basis is essential. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated and change orientated individual, looking to be involved in many aspects of a growing international business and working closely with commercial, development, sales and operational teams.
* Maintenance, production and delivery of reporting of Asset & Capex data to various stakeholders
* Budgeting and forecasting of new assets both fixed and intangible and associated depreciation
* First line approval of spend on any asset related acquisition
* Impairment Reviews
* Annual / External Reporting - Statutory Accounts disclosures, R&D Annual Returns & National Statistics
* Developing systems and processes
* Reconciliation to P&L of externally and internal capitalised labour and associated costs
* Supporting Project and Product Managers in assessing capitalisation criteria under US & UK GAAP criteria and ensuring there is documentation provides sufficient audit evidence
* Line management responsibility
* Chartered Accountant with exceptional reporting skills and business acumen.
* High level financial accountancy competence; ability to analyse financial data and resolve queries,
* Excellent Technical Skills with UK GAAP and US GAAP experience
* Track record of delivering process improvements
* Fixed Asset knowledge assumed
* Practical system processing experience/knowledge
* Excellent Excel modelling & PowerPoint Skills
* Data manipulation / mining and reporting skills
* Ability to interpret large volume of data, communicate at all levels and work in a time pressured environment.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.