Financial Controller (Ideally Temp-Perm) | Greater Manchester | £55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits + Fantastic company growth plans
Macildowie are currently working with a market leading, growing business based in Heywood, Greater Manchester. They are consistently investing in their organisation and they are now seeking a high calibre and robust Financial Controller with a strong technical background to join their team. The role reports directly to the Group CFO and you will hold senior relationships within the group and externally.
So what is the role?
- Firstly, you'll be managing a medium sized team, including qualified, part qualified and clerical finance, which are responsible for the financial reporting for the business. You will take full responsibility for the Financial Controls and Processes as well as the balance sheet
- You will take charge of all the company's Management Information, including Analysis and reporting to the Board, Creditors and Banks
- Preparing statutory accounts, working with external Auditors and implementing recommendations
- The company operates nationally with a growing number of entities in the group, is ever changing, hence the need for someone who can work at pace
- The organisation has grown significantly over the last decade and is embracing the changing environment and how they interact with their customers
- You will be a natural leader and people manager who helps to coach the team, driving individual performance and continual improvement. There is a strong emphasis on developing the team to work in a more autonomous way. You will quickly identify gaps in skill and work with the team to bridge these gaps
- As well as this, you will be great with systems, you'll be able to identify system improvements that can help to refine financial processes, whilst also making sure that the integrity of that information is of paramount importance
- Whilst generating the information is important, so is what you use it for! You will be someone who challenges the status quo and uses financial information to drive business outcomes and changes in behaviour across all levels of the organisations leadership team
- If you have experience in M&A activity or group expansion, it would be a big benefit
So who are you?
- Ideally you will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have experience in the Contracting, Manufacturing or Supply Chain industries.
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities. Experience of developing and delivering through a finance team is essential
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please get in touch with Tom - 07973833069 to start the discussion.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.