Macildowie is pleased to be working on behalf of a large engineering consultancy to secure a Senior Commercial Manager for their Southern operations. This is a very exciting opportunity as the role is a new one designed to drive good performance into great performance.
Consequently, the organisation are keen to secure a strong people leader who has been driving sales growth through teams in the engineering sector. Specifically, the client is keen to get candidates who are experienced within the constuction, aggrigates or demolition sectors.
The successful candidate will have a strong commercial skill-set, with a love for pitching for and winning bids, tenders and executing against contracts. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be able to work with other business units to maximise sales opportunities. Finally, you will need strong financial skills to own the sales forecast and ensure pipelined work is project managed correctly to deliver revenue.
In short, our client seeks a person with the following skills and experience:
- Sales and business development leadership experience (Manager/Senior Manager level)
- Experience selling engineering services (to construction/demolition sector)
- Skilled diplomat - able to engage internal and external customers/stakeholders
- An innovative and curious mind to help identify how to generate new business
- Strong financial skills (an ability to ensure projected sales are profitable and forecastable)
- Strong people leadership experience - this role has eight direct reports
If you have this experience and are keen to work for an organisation which prides itself on exceptional customer service and providing a highly valuable service, then please respond without delay.
The client is keen to get an employee in place as soon as possible.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.