Head Of HR
£55k + Car Allowance & benefits
Are you considering a career move? Ready for the next step up? If you're looking for an opportunity where you can really see your own impact in an organisation and positively influence the lives of others, then you may want to read on…
Macildowie HR are exclusively working with an organisation based in North Nottinghamshire who are looking for a Head of HR to join their established exec team. After experiencing a tremendous period of organic growth along with plans to substantially add to their workforce in the next 2 years, this is an exciting (and no better) time to be joining them!
So who are you?
You'll have a vast history within HR, having progressed through the industry and have a brilliant understanding of what is required from each level of business. You will have recent and relevant experience in a comparable role, leading a HR function at board level.
With the planned growth of the business, on-boarding and retention expertise is a must, consultation (contractual changes) experience will be second nature & you will also be fully versed in the world of TUPE!
You will be a coach, and at times have situations to advise and deal with that will be testing, given the nature of the organisation. There is no hierarchy here, the culture is humble. You will have hands on exposure with an operative on minimum wage right through to the CEO. There are no Ivory Towers in this organisation.
You will be super organised with great personal efficiency, leading the HR team & managing diverse personalities & viewpoints along the way. Consequently high emotional intelligence & the ability to collaborate & build relationships is vital.
You'll inspire your team to deliver exceptional customer service and continuously look for ways to improve what you do, adapting quickly to change and always looking to protect and develop the organisation's culture.
As an influencer within the business, your commercial acumen is key. You will be involved in strategic decision making ensuring the vision of the business come first. Your strong judgement and analytical skills will be balanced with an ability to communicate with everyone, whatever their role.
You'll be CIPD qualified and there is an expectation that you will continuously invest in your own learning and development to keep up with current industry changes and market trends.
The role is full time, 5 days a week & involves travel to different sites, therefore flexibility is required.
Reporting to the COO, you would be responsible for -
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with organisational objectives and the Company vision and values
- Leading the organisation's HR departments, including talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement, employee relations, compensation and benefits, talent management and financial planning of the department
- Liaising directly with the executive team and being accountable for the performance of the HR function and the responsibilities within it, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning and c-suite talent acquisition
- Further development of company health, wellbeing and counselling policies
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Creating and managing the HR department's annual budget
- Taking oversight of the company's culture
- Responsibility for the organisations talent functions and culture
- Having oversight of all Employee Relations issues so that the risk to the business can be managed consistently and fairly across the Company
- Contributing to the development of the leadership programme alongside the SLT
Want to find out more? Apply now to be considered for this position.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.