Macildowie are currently recruiting for a The Head of Operations Control Centre will be responsible for the day to day control of the Operations Control Centre.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountability for ensuring compliance, throughout the department, with regional procedures and standards, as published, together with the requirements of the EASA, CAA and other applicable authorities (e.g. UK DfT, ICAO, IATA, IOSA, etc.)
- The safe, secure and efficient management of the Operations department
- Agreements with measurable specifications (in conjunction with Legal and Contracts Department)
- Responsibility for the liaison with all relevant authorities and any external entities
- Manage Controllable delays and meet punctuality and performance targets
- Determine flight crew requirement and basing as per operating programmes
- Evaluation and implementation of services, systems and procedures within the Operations Control Centre area
- Responsibility for compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and the standards established by the company, including the maintenance of welfare, discipline and motivation of Operations personnel
- Development and control of the Operations Control Centre budget including the introduction of cost control techniques
- Rostering of all Flight Crews ensuring regulatory compliance with the Company Flight Time Limitations scheme
- Maintaining records of violations of the company Flight Time Limitation scheme and monitoring trends. Taking necessary corrective action and submitting all violations and trends to the Accountable Manager
- Monitor all discretion reports to ensure discretion is being used in an appropriate manner
- To ensure normal processes utilised by Operations Control Centre are not in conflict with procedures that have been established by Air Traffic Control, Meteorological and Communications services
- Establish and manage suitable systems and quality control mechanisms to monitor, analyse and maintain operations and crewing safety standards and take appropriate action in the event of any non-conformity
- Ensure the existence of the necessary facilities, workspace, equipment and supporting services, as well as the work environment, to satisfy operational safety and security requirements
- Providing training for Operations Control Centre staff as required
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Proven Management experience within the Operations department of an Airline.
- 5 years of managerial experience in the ground handling operations with strong focus on procedural compliance, safety practices and continuous improvement processes
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated self-starter, who can effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage to accomplish objectives within prescribed deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of ground handling operations and services
- Outstanding communication skills including written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Ability to be "on call" 24/7 for emergencies
- The nature of this position demands discretion, good judgment and prompt, accurate decision-making, as well as the management of complex situations
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite of programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.