Head of Portfolio Marketing / £42,500 - £53,000 DOE
Macildowie are working with an organisation based in Coventry who are looking to recruit a Head of Portfolio Marketing role.
This is a leadership role that combines strategic level thinking with the need to deliver effectively and at pace. Taking the lead to develop, shape and implement a product development process to inform portfolio strategy. You will be working with key internal stakeholders to support the processes that enable development of a clear data led portfolio for each of the group's constituent and future parts.
You will be responsible for developing an expert understanding of the course propositions, USPs, and key messages that will inform student recruitment activities, ensuring an objective course development process is implemented and followed.
You will play a critical role in shaping and implementing new internal processes to ensure that the total portfolio is clear, marketable and appealing to its audience. You will be a data driven strategic and creative thinker, with strong project and people management skills, and the ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead for marketing with academic stakeholder engagement and collaborative portfolio strategy building.
- Oversee the development of operational and strategic portfolio plans.
- Develop and champion an expert and critical understanding of the courses on offer in the portfolio across the Group, across all levels, delivery modes and markets.
- Oversee an audit and review of existing course and portfolio provision, deliver recommendations to senior leadership for portfolio streamlining and optimisation, and gain buy in from relevant stakeholders to implement change.
- Design and implement a revised course development review and approval process.
- Establish and lead a product development committee/team to ensure course development is processed with rigour and objectivity, with appropriate input from various parties.
- Implement clear stakeholder management and governance across the portfolio and future product development.
- Champion a consumer driven perspective to portfolio development.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence, providing updates and input into product development, marketing and recruitment activities.
- Oversee the monitoring of course performance continuously throughout recruitment cycles, setting up new processes where relevant, and identifying opportunities for development or highlighting performance issues.
- To contribute to appropriate committees, projects of workgroups as required, to ensure an effective and timely delivery.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders from across the product portfolio and Group; including senior leaders, academic staff, planning, marketing team, and recruitment teams.
About the candidate:
- Significant experience shaping and influencing a portfolio of products (and influencing the development of these portfolios), that is aligned to the wider organisational strategy.
- Significant experience of developing, implementing and managing complex/multiple stakeholder related internal processes associated with product/portfolio development.
- Relevant professional qualification such as a Diploma or Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Experience of developing and implementing portfolio additions/extensions, in line with an organisations brand and strategy.
- Experience of working with market research and other data sources, collating, analysing, and presenting data and recommendations to influence operational and strategic decision making.
- Identification of product growth opportunities and formulation and implementation of plans against them.
- Experience of using, and knowledge of, a range of marketing tools, tactics, principles and practices.
- Experience of managing a team.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.