Macildowie are currently recruiting a Head of Sales for our client based in the West/South Midlands. You will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and take sole responsibility for the Commercial function. The role will oversee the day-to-day operations and nurture strong and sustainable business growth. You will take accountability for commercial and contractual matters on all bids as a key member of the Senior Management Team.
You will be targeted in increasing sales, writing, and submitting tenders and managing the CRM database to ensure it is accurate and up to date. As well as sales, you will manage all administrative aspects associated with any commercial activity such as accreditation and ensure the business is always compliant. This role is also responsible for all marketing activity which includes producing sales material, advertising, social media and organising and attending industry events to maximise publicity of the business.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and win business and contract opportunities
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of accurate and attentive to detail sales administration covering such aspects as writing complex technical tenders and quotes, accurate quotes and invoices, keeping high administrative standards within a CRM database and systematic sales planning
- Contract management across all projects from pre-sales through tracking operational side (liaising with operational team), to delivery/invoicing and post-delivery management of any issues or feedback
- Carry out market research so as to gain a full understanding of the marketplace, competitors, the industry and future technological developments
- Formulate and deliver comprehensive marketing plans
- Client relationship management
- Ensure compliance with business standards and processes, financial, legal, warranty and ethical guidelines.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- A proven track record in B2B sales and business development within a technical service industry
- Previous experience in a sales/commercial role which involves selling data-driven solutions
- A proven track record of developing new service ideas and offerings which keep the organisation at the technological forefront of its industry
- Can demonstrate an ability to raise the profile of the organisation within its industry through close liaison with trade press, industry bodies, public sector officials
- Must be able to demonstrate that s/he possesses a track record of constantly launching innovative new products and services
- Experience of working with local authorities/government bodies
- Experience using a CRM database effectively and efficiently
- A team player with a passion for teamwork
- Excellent communication skills including high standards of written English
- PC literate and proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a high standard
- Numeric and analytical
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritise projects and hit deadlines
- Project planning
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.