A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Health & Safety Officer for a market leading Packaging company. The core role of the Health & Safety Officer is to manage the businesses compliance with statutory Health, Safety and Environmental obligations. Must be a confident and strong character, comfortable holding meetings and communicating with Senior Management. Ideally need to be from a Manufacturing background.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement various Risk Assessments, including PUWER and COSHH assessments.
- Maintain the First Aid register, ensuring First Aid equipment is adequately stocked and organise First Aider training.
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Warden training.
- Conduct H&S inductions for new starters, include company policies and procedures.
- Implement and update all H&S policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits and manage external audits to ensure that all compliance is up to date and accreditation is maintained.
- Ensure that corrective actions from all audits are recorded, actioned and closed.
- Oversee all health and safety issues, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to and communicated to relevant personnel.
- Hold quarterly Health & Safety meetings and provide documented minutes.
- Complete accident investigation forms, conduct accident reviews and assist with back to work programmes.
- Conduct investigations into claims working alongside the insurance loss adjusters.
- Advise and support the management team on all H&S issues.
- Implement processes and systems to improve the H&S culture.
- Conduct DSE assessments, noise level exposure tests and manual handling assessments.
- Source and maintain availability of PPE stocks.
- Organise internal and external H&S training of personnel.
- Maintain LOLER register and racking inspections.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Use of all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Good Health and Safety experience.
- Use of Riskconnect and Sharepoint systems.
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic.
- Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to variable workload.
- Punctual, presentable and with good attendance.
- Will be working in very fast paced environment so must be experienced in dealing with pressure and be highly organised with an ability to multi-task and manage ones own time.
Pro-active, approachable can do attitude required.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.