Macildowie is pleased to be working with an NHS organisation as they look to add an experienced Health,Safety and Security Lead for a Fixed Term of 3 of months.
This role will provide leadership for their direct reports and lead strategy and policy development implementing and supporting related service improvements as required. You will provide strategic, and specialist advice and guidance on all health safety and security management matters for all Trust staff. Ensuring risk is minimised by meeting statutory obligations and achieves high safety and security standards.
Skills and experience required:
* Significant experience of working in a Health and Safety environment ideally within the NHS
* Ability to deliver high quality results to agreed performance standards in a challenging and rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to a high standard to include data appraisal and analysis
* Extensive knowledge of the legal and court system in relation to criminal prosecutions and civil actions related to Health and Safety.
* Technical knowledge of security and personal safety protection equipment and systems ability to assess and analyse situations and solve problems.
* Ability to work with people in a distressed and vulnerable state to gather accurate, factual and relevant information
* Effective negotiation skills to achieve acceptable outcomes when dealing with contentious issues within conflicting priorities and demands
* Must hold a current NEBOSH qualification and hold a current membership to governing body.
This is an urgent full time position, location to be discussed at interview.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.