An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Company Buyer in an independently owned business based in Leicester. Offering a competitive salary, training on a new up-and-coming computer system, and additional benefits, this Company Buyer will be welcomed into the successful team and given the autonomy to develop further. this organisation have been established in the Leicester area for over 30 years and manufacture and provide products to over 300 customers; they have a well-respected reputation throughout the Midlands for reliability, service, and extensive knowledge.
The Company Buyer will oversee 2 Assistant Buyers and will be responsible for overall purchasing of goods for stock, resale and repair, as well as sourcing non stock lines for our sales force.
We are looking for a vibrant, dynamic individual who would thrive in a fast paced work environment. The ability to react to the needs of our sales force and customers is essential.
The Buying role will involve:
- Monitor stock levels and keep in line with stock holding targets
- Oversee stock control department with view to order goods
- Liaise with sales department about new lines and products
- Negotiation with suppliers to ensure the best deals are achieved for the company
- Communicate with suppliers daily to get special prices, promotional goods and rebates
- Agree new stock levels within the department and instruct the warehouse supervisor
- Liaise with the external sales team for the purchasing of special and non-stock lines
- Report to management and present data weekly
- Record accurate supplier performance data
- Communicate with accounts about nominal costs, credits, new and existing suppliers
- Ensure that the groups health, safety & environmental policies are adhered to
The successful Buyer will have:
-Excellent communicational skills
-The ability to work as part of a team
-Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
-A hands-on nature and a willingness to get involved and help across the business
-Experience in a similar role (manufacturing background would be ideal)
If you fit the criteria above, please do not hesitate to apply.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.