The Business: An established Manufacturing firm in Northampton are currently looking to recruit an Indirect Buyer to join their successful purchasing team. Supplying to recognisable names, this business pride themselves on providing quality and value for money.
The Team/Role: Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, the successful Indirect Buyer will help to drive this already versatile culture to support change and continuous improvement. This role is designed to support the business in ensuring that day to day supplier commercial and performance requirements are met and exceeded and to perform supplier development activities which result and contribute to significant business improvements in cost and efficiency. You will need the gravitas to influence senior stakeholders at every business level whilst operating as a team player.
- Developing relationships with stakeholders
- Provide professional procurement expertise and commercial focus
- Support the operations team, ensuring suppliers meet performance, quality and deliver against costs
- Sourcing, tendering, negotiating and contracting across a global supply base
- Understand the business objective for supplier cost improvements and develop strategies
- Achieve the given cost improvement objectives through benchmarking, new business, direct negotiation
- Agree development plans with suppliers based around KPI's and performance
- Any other duties reasonably allocated by the Purchasing manager or the Operations Manager
The Successful Candidate:
- Able to make decisions and operate with genuine autonomy
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including Senior Executives
- Flexible influencing style
- Ability to challenge the status quo with fresh ways of thinking
- Commercially driven with a desire to drive better value
- Relevant indirect procurement experience
- CIPS Qualified (desirable, although relevant experience will be considered)
- Analytical Thinker with excellent negotiation preparation and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and results focused
The Benefits Package: This role is offering between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on experience
The Application Process: If you are confident, commercially astute and pro-active and think you have the necessary experience and qualities to play a pivotal role in delivering procurement objectives, please apply and we can hold a further conversation.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.