An exciting opportunity has become available to join a world leading pharmaceutical company within the Leicestershire area.
As a Industrial/Process Engineer within the Distribution sector, you will be predominantly be dealing with the relocation of a distribution centre and provides engineering support to the European supply chain leadership team.
The main responsibilities will include :
- Lead and support the project implementation from the project design and delivery perspective: create drawings, timing schedule and specifications and project board meetings.
- Complete project risk management including the implementation of project planning and control activities.
- To minimize the operating cost by reviewing system parameters and recommending changes to process, lead times, and storage capacities
- Facilitate innovative continuous improvement projects by seeking to improve & enhance methods and process systems. Support in-house PPI (Practical Process Improvement, Lean Programs)
- A high level of analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools (MS Access and SQL Server preferred) and databases
- A high degree of travel may be required at certain times dependent on project timing
- Have experience in modelling and optimizing warehouse storage capacity with the goal of optimized cube utilization and improved efficiency
- Have awareness of health and safety requirements for contractors operating on site and general safe working practices
- Must possess the analytical qualities to make sound decisions, through the conceptualization and evaluation of different courses of action to meet or exceed operational goals issues, and to validate data outcomes
- Ability to understand the links between performance results and operational activities.
- Strong Excel, 2D AutoCAD & MS Project skills
- Ability to speak Swedish, French, German or Spanish would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean practices including: 5S, Prince II practices and principals
To apply for this First Line Manager role please call Ashley Bane on 0115 947 0200 or email him at
Job Role: Industrial / Process Engineer - Permanent role Location: Leicestershire Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.