This is an excellent opportunity for an Interim Buyer who is currently working with either the FMCG, Health, Pharma or Manufacturing industry to take the next step into a larger business with more strategic outlook on procurement operations.
This role offers progression into a Senior / Global Buyer and is a development step towards Purchasing Manager.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager you will have the responsibility of a £24m project spendYou will be required to re-source and asses the capabilities of suppliers to reduce the overall manufacturing cost within your product area.
- Manage a portfolio spend of £24m 50% Global and 50% UK
- Support the Purchasing Manager by developing and implementing tactical strategy for the achievement of agreed purchasing objectives
- Obtain all materials, goods and services, to the requisite standards
- Ensure total cost optimisation is the key decision-maker at all times
- Achieving financial targets and meeting business and category objectives
- Continually identifying new opportunities for cost reduction across their portfolio
- Analyse spend areas to identify and mange vulnerability to the business
- Strive for continual improve quality of supply
- Write the budget for all the raw materials
- Market and Purchasing Price Variance analysis
- Purchasing experience gained within Pharmaceuticals or FMCG
- Focussed and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving
- Tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence and demonstrate strong team working abilities and commitment
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.