Interim Buyer / Interim Procurement
6 month contract
We're excited to be working with a leading manufacturer in Derbyshire and even more excited to be able to offer you the opportunity to work there!
We are now looking for an interim buyer to work in an established procurement department. As Buyer you'll be driving down costs, negotiating with suppliers and building relationships outside and inside the company.
Purpose of the job:
- Maximize value to the company and local stakeholders for all NPR Goods and Services through the use of professional procurement practices and techniques.
- Develop and maintain long-term beneficial supplier relationship for all relevant sites.
- Ensure supplier quality and delivery, monitor supplier KPI's
- Improve quality of goods and services in the procurement processes.
- Manage MRO commodity and align strategies per commodity/site/country.
- Manage the demand and request process in eBuy/SAT and SAP system in line with the global NPR Processes.
- Act as local interface to internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Manage procurement related projects in the area of change management
- Relevant experience in a similar role, working with NPR/MRO commodities
- Supply Chain Risk and Opportunity Management experience
- CIPS qualification or working toward
- Very good negotiation skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good planning skills
- Strong analytical skills combined with cost reduction mindset
- Contracting, Compliance and legal awareness
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.