We are looking to recruit an Interim Category Manager for our client, who could easily be described as "the largest company that you won't have heard of". The role would be focusing on Fuel spend and would be expected to last between 3-6 months, so provides an opportunity for someone to come in and hit the ground running and not get bogged down by the wider events.
The client is a Multinational Logistics firm and this position would be helping to develop the strategy for this category and build relationships with suppliers across the UK and Ireland.
The ideal candidate would also have good experience dealing in large and complex projects within 3PL's or other service companies, and also have experience dealing in an environment that is multi-faceted and deals with stakeholders of varying seniority. Indirect spend experience is required, with experience in a similar spend would be advantageous.
The role would be able to offer hybrid working, so offers you the flexibility to have those extra 30minutes in bed should you wish!
- Develop and manage category spend for the company
- Seek out and propose commercially beneficial opportunities using informed market and industry knowledge
- Identify cost saving, risk mitigation and complexity easing solutions
- Own and manage the relationship between appropriate contacts both externally and internally
- Ensure Procurement initiatives are maximised and drive preferred supplier compliance throughout the business
- Provide key and effective reporting appropriately tailored to the intended audiences
- Be the Procurement Team "Point Person" for all spend within a given category and spend area
- Build effective relationships at varying levels & keep project stakeholders engaged and informed
- Deliver projects on time and in full
- Carry out all reasonable requests and tasks as required
- 3+ years Category Procurement experience
- MCIPS desirable but not essential
- Experience dealing with 3PL's and multi-site operators
- Strong Indirect spend experience
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong IT skills
If this sounds of interest, please apply with your latest CV and we can discuss further!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.